Unrestricted Funds are not specifically designated for use by a particular agency, cause or area of interest. Rather, the PACF board of directors oversees the use of these funds. The Foundation continually assesses programs and initiatives for community improvement. Unrestricted funds allow the board to recommend grants to best address current community needs.
When you establish an Unrestricted Fund, your gift addresses a broad range of local needs — including future needs that often cannot be anticipated at the time your gift is made. We evaluate all aspects of community well-being: arts and culture, economic development, education, environment, health and human services, neighborhood revitalization, and more. The ﬂexibility of your unrestricted gift enables your community foundation’s board of directors and program experts to respond to the community’s most pressing needs, today and tomorrow.
How it works
- You make an unrestricted gift to your community foundation during your lifetime or through a bequest in your will. You can give cash, appreciated stocks, real estate, or other assets.
- We set up a special fund in your name, in the name of your family or business, or in honor of any person or organization you choose.
- You receive tax beneﬁts in the year your gift is made.
- Our board of directors and professional program staff determine the areas of community need that would provide the most impact by grants from your gift.
- Our board issues grants in the name of the fund you establish (if you prefer, grants can be made anonymously).
- We handle all the administrative details.
- Your gift can be placed into an endowment that is invested over time. Earnings from your fund are used to make grants addressing community needs. Your gift — and all future earnings from your gift — is a permanent source of community capital, helping to do good work forever.
Current Unrestricted Funds at PACF
Parsons Area Touch the Future Fund
Memorial Fund for Native Sons and Daughters
Taylor Fund – (80% is unrestricted for community improvements)
Pearl Brennecke Fund
Endowed Operating Fund
Hunter Family Fund
Main Family Fund